After hours and hours on 3 different trains, we finally
made it to Dam Amster. It was not my favorite city. We got there in the evening
and we hadn’t eaten since 7 or so that morning so we were starved and tired.
Then we followed our bus driver (Patrick) to Dam Square, but it turns out he
didn’t know how to get there. We got lost and walked way longer than we needed
to and ended up just taking the tram. We finally got there and found a pizzeria
to eat at. There were not very many seats and they took forever to get us our
food. It tasted pretty good though. We chowed down.
After that we rode the bus home and tried to go get some
stroop waffles, but they were all closed. So we snapped some pictures and
headed back to the hotel to take advantage of their free wi-fi. My wi-fi wouldn’t
turn on so I spent a long time working on that. We finally got it working and I
just uploaded a couple pictures to the group blog.
We got up super early today to go to the flower market.
It is the largest auction in the world. It was huge and it smelled amazing. So
many flowers, so many colors. It was really interesting. There was a room full
of people with computers and headsets auctioning on the flowers.
We headed from the auction to Delft. I LOVED DELFT. It is
this quaint little Dutch town which is home of Royal Delft, the blue and white porcelain
pottery. It was such a cute place.
From Delft we went to the Hague Temple. It felt so good
to get out of the world for a bit. I loved it in there. The Temple is an
amazing place. How blessed we are to be able to enter the house of the Lord to
serve and worship Him.
We are on our way to Brussels, which is going to take a
while. I might try to take a nap. J
Love you all
Erica! I'm so glad you are blogging about your trip while you're there so I can live through you. Dam Amster hahaha, I love you!
ReplyDelete