Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Catching Up

Well it has been a really long time since I posted.  Here is a brief summary of the summer.

EFY
I was an EFY counselor for 3 weeks this summer.  It was a blast.  I learned a lot about the gospel, about teaching, getting along with people you don't have anything in common with, listening, reaching out, and following the Spirit.  It was such a neat experience and I am grateful I had the opportunity to work with those kiddos.  I seriously loved all of my kids.

Bear Lake
We went to bear lake a couple times.  It truly is the greatest place on earth.  I love it so much.  The water was crazy high and quite warm.

Pressing Forward
We have had two deaths in our family in the last month.  My oldest cousin Kristin's son, Gabe, was killed in a car accident on July 30.  He was in the cargo hold of an explorer and the car rolled twice, going about 70 miles an hour.  He was ejected and died on impact.  His mom was told it was the car Gabe was in as she ran down to the site of the accident.  All she saw were his shoes sticking out from under the sheet with which he was covered.  They wouldn't let her see him.  I can't imagine how awful that would be.  Kristin and Tyler are such good people.  They have an awesome family, and my heart aches for their loss.  He had finished his mission in this earth life and was called home to serve an even greater mission.

I also just lost my Grandma.  She died suddenly and quickly.  I am pretty sure my grandpa came to pick her up.  She was ready to go see him.  It was a shock, but it is a blessing.  She is so much happier where she is now, with her loved ones.

What a blessing it is to have a knowledge of the Plan of Salvation, and that we will be able to see those loved ones again someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment